Kimberly Parker, LPC, LCDC, EMDR Trained
Owner & Therapist
Just a few questions:
- Have you been holding onto some painful secrets, that you have never shared with another soul?
- Are you struggling with unwanted, negative, and/or racing thoughts and don’t know how to change the narrative? Do these thoughts intensify when you are around others, preventing you from socializing?
- Do you constantly feel sad or hopeless, even if you don’t know what is causing the pain?
- Are you struggling to maintain relationships due to not being able to find the right words?
- Do your emotions feel so intense at times and you don’t know how to get back to a calm and peaceful place?
- Have you ever felt so low and hopeless that you contemplated if you should live or die?
- Are you self medicating with substances, so that you can forget about what is causing you pain?
If you said yes to any of the questions above, you are now free to take a deep breath because there is hope. While I cannot promise you that hard times will never occur, I can say that your life can most definitely be improved and enjoyable, by processing the unresolved and through unburdening yourself from the things that are keeping you “stuck.”
More About Your Therapist:
I’m a Licensed Professional Counselor and Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor, specializing in substance abuse, trauma (with advanced training in CPT and EMDR), anxiety and depression. Additionally, I have experience in working with clients who suffer from chronic mental illness (i.e.: schizophrenia, schizoaffective, bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, etc.) with and without psychotic features. Throughout my time in the mental health field, I have had the opportunity to work with individuals, couples, groups, and families.
I heavily rely on being genuine, nonjudgmental, and empathetic. I believe in collaborating with my clients because you are the expert of your life! I am merely a facilitator to help ensure that you get back on track and live the life you were always meant to live.
My mission is to walk you out of whatever is making you feel stuck, so that you can achieve your goals; and to join you in the trenches instead of asking you to continuously see a “silver lining.”
On a personal note, I am a California native. I love the beach; and I am working on a doctorate degree in Counselor Education and Supervision. Go Mean Green! Working in my calling as a counselor is my jam, but being an auntie is my favorite role of all. I love my kiddos and they love me (especially when I pay them for chores or sing Disney tunes in the car with them).
If you are willing to do the work and ready to be vulnerable in a safe space, I am ready to be on your team! I can’t wait to learn more about you and assist you on your journey of reviving to thriving. Please email or call, so that we can connect!
- Unresolved Trauma
- Unresolved Grief
- College Issues (including the transition from high school)
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- M.S. Counseling (The University of North Texas)
- M.A. Psychology (The Chicago School of Professional Psychology)
- B.A. Psychology, minor in sociology (CSU Dominguez Hills)
- Licensed Professional Counselor #79666
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor #14841
- American Counseling Association
- International Association of Addictions and Offender Counselors